正在查看 0 条回复
  • 作者
    帖子
    • #1002 回复
      admin
      管理员

Chinese from zero to hero. 1-on-1 Live Online Chinese Lessons. Fast and Easy for kids. Proven Curriculum。 Sign Up Online。
      Chinese for Kids
      Beginner Level 1, Vol. 1 the Fun and Easy Way to Learn Chinese
      Between the ages of 2.5 to 5 years, my third-generation American daughter learned over 1000 Chinese characters while I learned to speak and read Chinese with her. Chinese was the first language that my daughter learned to read.

She reads simplified Chinese characters fluently and also recognizes an unknown number of traditional Chinese characters without the aid of Pinyin or Zhuyin。

Teaching my child Chinese against all odds
      This achievement is unusual because I taught my daughter Chinese largely on my own while lagging significantly behind in my own language skills (note: the Pinyin addiction is real).

I rarely spoke Chinese during my own childhood, and effectively stopped when my parents passed away.
      English is our family language – our native language.  My daughter spoke English and Korean during her first 22 months of life, then lost almost all Korean vocabulary between age 2-3 when we moved and didn’t have a Korean-speaking nanny.
      Currently, we live in a California county with ~3% Asians.  Encounters with native Mandarin speakers are rare.
      When my daughter was age 2, I began to learn Chinese and included Mandarin in our conversations gradually.  Between age 2-3, she was very resistant and preferred English.
      Simply put, the odds have been stacked against us.

正在查看 0 条回复
回复至:Learning Chinese 海华华人子女学中文
您的信息: