正在查看 0 条回复
  • 作者
    帖子
    • #1284 回复
      meimei hu
      参与者

How to Introduce Yourself Professionally
      December 4, 2020

As you progress in your career, you will meet many people who can help you grow professionally. Having a professional introduction ready when you meet someone such as an interviewer, supervisor, mentor or new connection can help you establish a positive reputation with them. In this article, we outline why professional introductions are important and give instructions and examples for introducing yourself.

The benefits of a strong professional introduction
      Knowing how to introduce yourself professionally has many advantages. Others may perceive you as self-assured and capable when you begin with a strong introduction. An effective opening can make your conversation more engaging, whether your goal is to gain employment, make a sale, acquire a mentor or simply make a new professional connection. Establishing yourself as an open, friendly and professional individual can create opportunities for you throughout your career.

Image Description
      How to introduce yourself professionally
      Here are four ways you can introduce yourself professionally:

1. State your purpose
      Many people introduce themselves by stating their name and current job title, but you should also try to add information your new contact can’t find on your business card. If you are at a networking event, consider starting with your name, then stating what your passion is. You could also mention what your goal is for the encounter, such as finding someone to collaborate with on a new idea you have.

Quickly summarize who you are and why you are there when you interview for a job. Your interviewers already know what position you are applying for, so have your professional introduction explain your purpose in a few sentences. You should include your name and why you are a good candidate for the job position.

Keep in mind that you should start your introduction in a way that is appropriate for the context. For example, if you’re at a networking event you might simply start by shaking a new connection’s hand and giving them your first and last name. Then begin a conversation by asking and answering questions about their background and your own.

Interview introduction example: “My name is Tara, I moved to New York City because advertising is my passion and this is the place to find an inspirational, innovative ad community. I have a rich background analyzing audiences for messaging optimization and would love to tell you about the strengths I can bring to this role.”

Read more: How to Introduce Yourself in an Interview

2. Control your body language
      Both your words and your body language make an impact on first impressions. Controlling your body language is essential to staying poised and professional in a new introduction. For example, when you approach a new coworker in your department, start with a strong handshake, and maintain eye contact during the conversation. Doing this shows the other party you are engaged in your interaction.

When you introduce yourself to someone, you can demonstrate confidence by speaking in a clear and audible voice. During your conversation, maintain natural body language with relaxed shoulders and open arms by your side. If you are seated, stand to greet someone who walks in the room, such as during an interview.

Related: 18 Body Language Tips to Remember During Your Next Interview

3. Explain why you are valuable
      Employers might schedule multiple interviews throughout the day or week for a job opening. Your professional introduction should convey your unique experience and qualifications so you stand out from other candidates. Hearing an introduction that sounds different from previous ones directs your new contact’s attention toward you and tends to make it more memorable. During an interview introduction, for example, you should let your interviewer know why you would make a valuable contribution to the team.

Example: “My name is Ebony, and I have 10 years of experience working in public relations. I have worked with more than 20 destination marketing organizations to increase tourism at their destinations, resulting in 40% more business at certain locations.”

Related: 7 Life Lessons You Can Learn at Work

4. Understand the culture
      Consider researching the company before an interview or meeting to understand their culture. Before an introduction with a computer programming company, for example, review their website or social media pages to see what the culture is like. If the company seems more casual, it may be appropriate to include humor in your introduction. For a more formal position or meeting with a potential client, keeping a more professional demeanor could make you more likely to be hired or gain the client’s business.

Example: “Hi, my name’s Yuri, and I’m looking forward to working with you on the construction of the new building.”

Related: What to Wear to an Interview

Professional introduction examples
      Here are three examples of professional introductions:

Example 1: Introducing yourself in an interview
      Keep your introduction short and simple to hold your audience’s attention.

Example: “My name is Priya, and I enjoy promoting small companies to help them increase their profits. I’m excited for the opportunity to be part of a team that increases awareness of the businesses in Richmond. I have a strong background in public relations and would love to tell you about the strengths I could bring to this position.”

Related: 21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression

Example 2: Reaching out to a new client
      Having a professional email introduction can be equally as important to networking as a face-to-face meeting. Rather than body language and tone, however, emails rely on clarity of language and accuracy of writing. Having a concise and error-free email might impress your contact and have them consider your request.

Example: “My name is Jin, and I am reaching out from Bags Unlimited to inform you of the services we provide. Our company sends out automatic shipments of a variety of takeout bags to restaurants each month so you will always have enough for your customers. We offer different packages based on your needs, so I would love to set up a time to speak with you and give you more information.”

Read more: How to Write a Professional Email

Example 3: Introducing yourself to a new coworker
      Your new colleague will likely meet multiple people on their first day, so keep your introduction brief.

Example: “My name is Aliyah, and I work in the marketing department as the social media manager. Our teams hold weekly meetings, and I look forward to working together in the future. Please let me know if I can help with anything as you orient yourself with the office.”

As you progress in your career, you will meet many people who can help you grow professionally. Having a professional introduction ready when you meet someone such as an interviewer, supervisor, mentor or new connection can help you establish a positive reputation with them. In this article, we outline why professional introductions are important and give instructions and examples for introducing yourself.

The benefits of a strong professional introduction
      Knowing how to introduce yourself professionally has many advantages. Others may perceive you as self-assured and capable when you begin with a strong introduction. An effective opening can make your conversation more engaging, whether your goal is to gain employment, make a sale, acquire a mentor or simply make a new professional connection. Establishing yourself as an open, friendly and professional individual can create opportunities for you throughout your career.

Image description
      How to introduce yourself professionally
      Here are four ways you can introduce yourself professionally:

1. State your purpose
      Many people introduce themselves by stating their name and current job title, but you should also try to add information your new contact can’t find on your business card. If you are at a networking event, consider starting with your name, then stating what your passion is. You could also mention what your goal is for the encounter, such as finding someone to collaborate with on a new idea you have.

Quickly summarize who you are and why you are there when you interview for a job. Your interviewers already know what position you are applying for, so have your professional introduction explain your purpose in a few sentences. You should include your name and why you are a good candidate for the job position.

Keep in mind that you should start your introduction in a way that is appropriate for the context. For example, if you’re at a networking event you might simply start by shaking a new connection’s hand and giving them your first and last name. Then begin a conversation by asking and answering questions about their background and your own.

Interview introduction example: “My name is Tara, I moved to New York City because advertising is my passion and this is the place to find an inspirational, innovative ad community. I have a rich background analyzing audiences for messaging optimization and would love to tell you about the strengths I can bring to this role.”

Read more: How to Introduce Yourself in an Interview

2. Control your body language
      Both your words and your body language make an impact on first impressions. Controlling your body language is essential to staying poised and professional in a new introduction. For example, when you approach a new coworker in your department, start with a strong handshake, and maintain eye contact during the conversation. Doing this shows the other party you are engaged in your interaction.

When you introduce yourself to someone, you can demonstrate confidence by speaking in a clear and audible voice. During your conversation, maintain natural body language with relaxed shoulders and open arms by your side. If you are seated, stand to greet someone who walks in the room, such as during an interview.

Related: 18 Body Language Tips to Remember During Your Next Interview

3. Explain why you are valuable
      Employers might schedule multiple interviews throughout the day or week for a job opening. Your professional introduction should convey your unique experience and qualifications so you stand out from other candidates. Hearing an introduction that sounds different from previous ones directs your new contact’s attention toward you and tends to make it more memorable. During an interview introduction, for example, you should let your interviewer know why you would make a valuable contribution to the team.

Example: “My name is Ebony, and I have 10 years of experience working in public relations. I have worked with more than 20 destination marketing organizations to increase tourism at their destinations, resulting in 40% more business at certain locations.”

Related: 7 Life Lessons You Can Learn at Work

4. Understand the culture
      Consider researching the company before an interview or meeting to understand their culture. Before an introduction with a computer programming company, for example, review their website or social media pages to see what the culture is like. If the company seems more casual, it may be appropriate to include humor in your introduction. For a more formal position or meeting with a potential client, keeping a more professional demeanor could make you more likely to be hired or gain the client’s business.

Example: “Hi, my name’s Yuri, and I’m looking forward to working with you on the construction of the new building.”

Related: What to Wear to an Interview

Professional introduction examples
      Here are three examples of professional introductions:

Example 1: Introducing yourself in an interview
      Keep your introduction short and simple to hold your audience’s attention.

Example: “My name is Priya, and I enjoy promoting small companies to help them increase their profits. I’m excited for the opportunity to be part of a team that increases awareness of the businesses in Richmond. I have a strong background in public relations and would love to tell you about the strengths I could bring to this position.”

Related: 21 Job Interview Tips: How to Make a Great Impression

Example 2: Reaching out to a new client
      Having a professional email introduction can be equally as important to networking as a face-to-face meeting. Rather than body language and tone, however, emails rely on clarity of language and accuracy of writing. Having a concise and error-free email might impress your contact and have them consider your request.

Example: “My name is Jin, and I am reaching out from Bags Unlimited to inform you of the services we provide. Our company sends out automatic shipments of a variety of takeout bags to restaurants each month so you will always have enough for your customers. We offer different packages based on your needs, so I would love to set up a time to speak with you and give you more information.”

Read more: How to Write a Professional Email

Example 3: Introducing yourself to a new coworker
      Your new colleague will likely meet multiple people on their first day, so keep your introduction brief.

Example: “My name is Aliyah, and I work in the marketing department as the social media manager. Our teams hold weekly meetings, and I look forward to working together in the future. Please let me know if I can help with anything as you orient yourself with the office.”

专长于加拿大地产,股票,等金融项目,帮助看管房子和地产买卖
      请联系,邮箱 88essay@gmail.com。 微信:englishessays。

正在查看 0 条回复
回复至:How to Introduce Yourself Professionally 怎样介绍自己
您的信息: